Tubing!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A few weeks back there was a Groupon for tube rentals to float the Comal River.  I haven't been tubing since middle school so I thought it would be a fun Sunday adventure.  I texted a fellow Groupon junkie and we decided to take our families together.

Let me just say the day did not start off as planned.  I had one too many blonde moments - and I usually don't have those at all.  First, I misread a text from my friend and we ended up at opposite houses.  Also, I evidently read the wrong "river rules" and packed an ice chest full of canned beer and plastic water bottles - neither of which you can take on the river.  Then Joey and I realized we had a miscommunication and the ice chest that had our lunch in it was still in the garage at home.  And hour away.

Grrrrrr.

But, we were determined to make the most of it and guess what?  It appears that you CAN float the river without an ice chest full of alcohol!  Who would've thought?!?

Me and my boy - who's generally always happy to pose with momma for a quick pic. (Ashton was sitting next to him, but she wouldn't have any part of it. LOL)

My favorite people in the world.  And look!  It's Ashton!!

Us and the Schott's.

We had such a good time and can't wait to go again.  At least now we know what we're doing and can be a bit more prepared.  Thank goodness we went with some tubing professionals or we may still be there, floating endlessly down a river.


No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict