That time Joey went to the grocery store.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Every so often Joey will offer to go to the grocery store for me.  When he first offers, I usually decline - I just feel like it's my chore, not his - but if he persists, it doesn't take much for me to give in.

Because his sleep schedule is whack, he ends up going around midnight and usually has a lot of fun. *sarcasm*  The last time he went, he made the mistake of wearing a red shirt.

The employees at our grocery store wear red shirts.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.  Needless to say, he ended up taking off his red shirt (he had another shirt under) halfway through his shopping trip.

Yesterday, he offered to go to the grocery for me again and I don't even think I blinked.  I was kind of in a funk and just really didn't want to go.  By the looks of his Facebook update at 1am, I think he's sorry he offered.


Poor guy.  He always has such a hard time finding things, and it doesn't help that we have a brand new HUGE HEB now.  It's insane.  Nothing is where it should be.

I do send him with a list, but you can rest assured that this was not on that list.  I'm not complaining though.




8 comments:

Melissa said...

Dustin will call me 100 times if I send him to the store. I'd rather just go myself!

Melanie said...

How sweet. Love that tweet.

What the heck is HEB? is that the name of the store?

Melissa said...

So Kiris will go for me sometimes but even with a list he will call no less than five times. My favorite is to just get to go all by myself. It feels like a vacation! Which is a little sad... :)

Karm said...

haha that is hilarious. I want a drumstick ice cream!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

hey - he brought home ice cream - holla!!! and i totally feel his pain. there have been items i look for and realize they aren't in the aisle I would think they would be located in .... of course they want to make it difficult for all of us :)

Kelly said...

I actually enjoy going grocery shopping :) I do, however, like when Justin tags along so he can see for himself how expensive groceries are now.... not to mention, he always adds a few extra items not on the list!

Aubrey said...

I totally agree with Joey. We just got an HEB plus in Boerne and I hate it. Nothing is where it use to be, it takes me forever to find things....just like the diced green chilis in some strange location. I want my small HEB back! He probably had to buy the drumsticks to keep from killing someone.

Teri M said...

Haha - poor guy. When Mickey occasionally goes I often get a call asking for clarification (or WHERE to find something). He usually finds room in the cart for a few "extra" essentials too. :-)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict