She's back!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Last week Joey dropped Ashton off at church and she left for camp for the whole camp.  She was a bit nervous because she didn't really know anyone that was going, but I knew she would make friends quickly and have a wonderful time.

And that she did!

I must say, the house was a bit quite and slightly boring without her silliness all week.  I was super excited when she called on Friday and said they were only about 45 minutes away.  We missed her!!!

I was waiting in the parking lot when the bus pulled up.  I was a little giddy.


And I wasn't the only giddy one.  Ashton was so happy to see me she even let me take a picture!!


She spent the next 10 minutes telling me all about camp and about the boy that asked her to go out with him - you know, the stuff she couldn't talk about in front Joey.

And go out??  You're at camp!  Where exactly are you going?? LOL  Turns out it was totally harmless and she "broke up" with him the next morning.

That's my girl.

Once we picked up Joey and Taylor we headed to lunch.  I knew the kids had really missed each other when I overheard them "arguing" about who missed who more.


So happy that Ashton had such a wonderful time, but I'm really happy to have my family back under the same roof again.


3 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

She is gorgeous! I love her freckles. Glad your family is all together again mama! Enjoy.

Mrs. Bear said...

I know the feeling I get when I see my mom after a long period of time so I can't imagine what its like when your little girl comes back after a week! I look forward to those feelings between Momma and daughter someday. Thanks for sharing! :)

bear-yexcitedbride.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

You have the cutest kids. :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict