Missing my people.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Last week I had to travel for work.  I don't travel that often, so generally I don't mind it, but can I just say that 3 flights in 2 days is completely exhausting?!?  And so is working from the hotel in the evening.

However, this trip I was determined to do something I've never done before while on business travel - workout.  Silly, I know, but I've taken my workout clothes on SEVERAL business trips but they've never made it out of my suitcase.  This trip, I totally shocked myself!

I texted Joey the following pics.  I think I shocked him too! LOL

(Anyone else have to cover up the screen so you don't get distracted by how far you haven't run?)


The rest of my evening was work, room service dinner (yuck!), channel surfing, and missing my people. I love my people.

And I guess my people love me too because Joey sent me this pic.  (Obviously "people" is being used in the broadest sense.)


Clearly, he was so distraught over my absence he couldn't even bare to face anyone.

The next morning, I found this in my pants pocket when I was getting ready.


Definitely made being away from home a little easier.


2 comments:

AmandaG said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gesture to leave you that note!

Kelly said...

I'm sure that made your morning and put a smile on your face!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict