Happy birthday Momma!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Saturday evening, my family got together to celebrate my moms birthday. I had asked her earlier in the week what kind of cake she wanted and she responded with "watermelon."

Now, if you didn't know my mom, you would probably start googling recipes for watermelon cake.  But since I do know my mom, I knew exactly what she meant.



Yep.  Straight up watermelon.

That's my momma!  We grilled hot dogs, had queso, then put some candles in a watermelon.

After dinner and "cake", we settled down for a family game of Tripoley.  We're not competitive or anything.


Taylor and I teamed up since he kept asking me about his poker hand anyway.  Figured it was better that way than just telling him to bet and then taking all his money. :) (Not competitive.  Remember?)


And sometime in there mom opened her cards and gifts, and I snagged a picture of Taylor with the birthday girl.


Can't forget Papa!


Momma - I hope you had a fantastic birthday.  I know it's technically "over", but we all know you celebrate the month, not the day.  I love you dearly and hope the rest of the month is just as fabulous as you are!



No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict