Flying L

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We had so much fun on Sunday!  (Are you seeing a theme?  Sunday's are our favorite days ever now that Joey is off work!)

A few weeks back there was a Groupon for discount tickets to a local water park.  I roped my good friend Neri into purchasing it too and Sunday both our families headed out to have a great day.  We were a bit nervous when we pulled into the parking lot and couldn't actually find the water park, but once we got settled, we soon realized this may very well be the best place on earth!


Yes, it was small, but it wasn't crowded, it was relaxing, and because it was small, the kids could go off and do their own thing while the adults got to relax, chit chat, and sip on a frozen beverage.  It was fabulous!




The kids never stopped.  All day.  The were like the Energizer Bunny.  They just kept going and going and going.  It was so relaxing for us just to see them having so much fun!

After a few hours, though, we broke for dinner.  We figured they needed to refuel for more fun so we had a little picnic.


Then there was a friendly game of horseshoes among the men.


Then this.  (I told him to look to mean. LOL)


After a little more fun in the water, the adults decided to go for another "friendly" game of Putt Putt.  I believe  Osman was working on this hole for maybe the 15th time!!


Look, Putt Putt is harder than it looks. Obviously!

And of course we needed a few self portraits along the way.



Ha ha!  Matching sunglasses on our heads! LOL

It was about this time that they nearly had to kick us out.  We closed it down, people!!

This picture is totally staged, too.  Emilio was complaining that his eyes hurt, Lisi was upset that we had to leave, and Taylor was whining about a scrape on his arm.  How we got them all to smile for a picture I have no idea! 

I just love these people! 


And that's a wrap!  We had such a good time at such an unlikely place.  But it seems like good times are always a given when we get together with the Diazes.  I'm so thankful that God brought our families together. 


6 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love water parks!

Grand Pooba said...

You guys are hot stuff!

AmandaG said...

Had no idea this was around. Thanks for sharing! You guys look like you had a lot of fun!

Aimee R. said...

Sounds and looks like so much fun! What a good find!

Neri said...

We love this post! It was an awesome time with awesome people! Osman said thanks for lightening the picture up! Hahaha not sure if you did, but he is concerned about how dark he is getting. :-P

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict