There's one tiny catch, though. You'll need this to make it. (It's the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker Plus. And it's totally worth the money to be able to make this amazing dessert when you're short on time, I promise!)
Chocolate Lava Cake
What you need:
- Pampered Chef Rice Cooker Plus
- Chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients for the cake mix (whatever is required on the back of the box)
- Chocolate icing
How you make it:
- Mix cake mix and all ingredients from box in the rice cooker until smooth.
- Empty complete can of icing into the middle of the cake batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Place rice cooker in the microwave (no lid) and cook for 7 minutes.
- Let stand in microwave for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove rice cooker from microwave and cover with plate large enough to hold the icing that will run off the cake.
- Flip upside down so the cake is now on the plate. (No need to spray the rice cooker with cooking spray. It's non-stick and the cake will slide right out!)
- Serve hot.
So yeah, could this be any easier?? Cake mix, ingredients you probably already have - eggs, oil, water, etc. - and icing. Super easy, and super yummy!!
Don't stir the icing into the cake batter! This is what makes the "lava"!
What it looks like out of the microwave.
And after you flip it! Yum-mo!!