Stephanie cooks: Chocolate Lava Cake

Friday, June 22, 2012

I promised you the recipe for that yummy cake that Ashton made on Father's Day, so I'm here to deliver!

There's one tiny catch, though.  You'll need this to make it.  (It's the Pampered Chef Rice Cooker Plus.  And it's totally worth the money to be able to make this amazing dessert when you're short on time, I promise!)

Chocolate Lava Cake

What you need:


How you make it:

  1. Mix cake mix and all ingredients from box in the rice cooker until smooth.
  2. Empty complete can of icing into the middle of the cake batter.  DO NOT STIR.
  3. Place rice cooker in the microwave (no lid) and cook for 7 minutes.
  4. Let stand in microwave for 12-15 minutes.
  5. Remove rice cooker from microwave and cover with plate large enough to hold the icing that will run off the cake.
  6. Flip upside down so the cake is now on the plate. (No need to spray the rice cooker with cooking spray.  It's non-stick and the cake will slide right out!)
  7. Serve hot.

So yeah, could this be any easier??  Cake mix, ingredients you probably already have - eggs, oil, water, etc. - and icing.  Super easy, and super yummy!!

Don't stir the icing into the cake batter!  This is what makes the "lava"!

What it looks like out of the microwave. 

And after you flip it!  Yum-mo!!


Happy baking!


1 comment:

Aimee R. said...

Looks AMAZING! My SIL does a similar idea in a crock pot. Looks so yummy!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict