Stephanie cooks: Asian-Glazed Salmon

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ashton has been doing a LOT of the cooking in our house lately, so I might need to change these titles, but for the sake of consistency, I'll keep it this way for now.

But just to give credit where credit is due, Ashton made this salmon!  We sampled it at HEB when we were shopping last weekend and it was so good we knew we had to try it.

Asian-Glazed Salmon

What you need: 

  • 4 (6 oz.) fresh Salmon fillets 
  • sea salt and coarse ground black pepper 


Glaze:

  • 4 tsp. Dijon-style mustard 
  • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce 
  • 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil 
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic in oil 


How you make it: 

  1. Heat oven to 425°F. 
  2. Whisk glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until blended. 
  3. Place fillets in baking dish and drizzle half glaze over salmon. 
  4. Season with salt and pepper. 
  5. Place salmon in oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until done (fillets are just beginning to flake when tested with a fork). 
  6. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes; salmon will continue to cook during this time. 
  7. Drizzle remaining glaze over salmon and serve while hot.


This was so dang good and so quick and easy I couldn't believe it!  Everyone loved it!

One note, we didn't add the remaining glaze after the salmon was cooked.  We thought there was enough and didn't want to overdo it, and I'm glad we didn't.  I think half the glaze was the perfect amount.


No comments:

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict