Spring Basketball - Way to go Longhorns!

Friday, June 15, 2012


Taylor's Spring basketball season ended last weekend and last night we had their party.  I volunteered Ashton to make the cupcakes because I knew she wouldn't mind. :)


This was her first time to make fondant and I think she did an amazing job!  Those are some professional looking cupcakes, no?

We had the party at local hamburger joint that has a large outdoor play area.  The boys started off the evening much like they started every practice - with races!


Later in the evening, the outdoor play took a turn for the worse when Taylor nearly lost a tooth in his teammate's forehead.  It wasn't pretty, but luckily no one needed stitches.


The coaches worked hard to come up with individual trophies that commended the kids for the different efforts they made throughout the season.  Taylor was super stoked to receive the Leader Award!


The entire team (minus one of our star players) will be playing together again in the Summer league, which is just terrible because they don't have any fun together.

(No, the little girl on the far right was not on the team, but we've dubbed her our team mascot.  She's the sister of the girl in blue, who is an AMAZING player!  She may not look like much, but watch out!)


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ashton did great on the cupcakes!

AmandaG said...

Cupcakes look fantastic! What is the name of place? Am always looking for new places to eat where my son can play.

AmandaG said...

Cupcakes look fantastic! What is the name of place? Am always looking for new places to eat where my son can play.

AmandaG said...

Cupcakes look fantastic! What is the name of place? Am always looking for new places to eat where my son can play.

AmandaG said...

Cupcakes look fantastic! What is the name of place? Am always looking for new places to eat where my son can play.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict