It's been a while... (Part 2)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I can't believe it's been nearly 4 months since I've posted on this blog.  I'm not exactly sure what happened.  All I know is that this blog is my only source of tracking what my family has been up to and it's been hard knowing that I wasn't documenting any of the day-to-day.

Here's hoping I can get back to it!

A ton has happened since I've last posted, so let's catch up a bit and then we'll just start fresh.

Joey and I celebrated our 13th anniversary at the end of February with a weekend trip to a resort outside of Austin.  It was so relaxing and we had a fabulous time!


Taylor continued playing basketball this season and has loved every second of it.  At last weekends game he made 3 free throws!!  I videoed it and sent it to everyone I know.  What can I say?  I'm a proud momma.


My Mama (my dad's mom) passed away in early May and we made the trip to North Texas to honor her life.  I have so many wonderful memories and I wish she was still with us, but instead, she's in the arms of Jesus and with my Papa, who she hadn't seen in 20 years.  Praise God that this is not the end...

While we were away, my very dear friend Neri dog-sat for us.  Trigger went to her house and had a fabulous time with her entire family.  He even got to enjoy his first Spurs game!


Ashton started taking piano lessons in April and had her first recital in mid-May.  She did such a fantastic job!  She had only been taking lessons for 6 weeks!! (Isn't she beautiful?!?)


A few weeks back I came across a recipe for homemade soft pretzels and the kids and I decided we had to make them.  We had some friends over to help and it was a great success!


Last week we took the kids for 1/2 price shakes at Sonic.  I couldn't resist snagging a pic with my man.


Last week, Joey's schedule changed and he now has Sundays off.  People, we haven't had a day off together in over 2 years.  This is amazing!!!  We had a fabulous day at the pool, then grilled burgers and headed out to a friends to play some sand volleyball.






3 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Love the update! It all sounds like so much fun and great memories! Great pics! ps she is so pretty! just like mama :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I wish I would have taken piano lessons!

Kelly said...

So glad you are back! Ashton looks so grown up and beautiful in that picture:)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict