Father's Day 2012

Monday, June 18, 2012

I was so happy to have Joey home yesterday to celebrate Father's Day!  We started the day with presents and cards from the kids (and me!).

This was Taylor's card to Joey.  (Explanation - Ashton started calling our dog "Puppis" a while back.  Now we just add "is" to the end of people's names to be silly.)  Envelope reads: Daddis or Puppis; Most likely for Daddis.  (Ashton and I died laughing when we saw this.  Taylor did it all on his own.)


Taylor pulled himself away from his video game long enough to watch Joey open his card.  It was potty humor and absolutely perfect. LOL


Ashton made Joey the sweetest card, in which she thanked him for "putting up with her".  Ha ha.  At least she understands!  (And please note how beautiful my girl is.  I'm really gonna need her to stop growing up.)


The kids and I got Joey some new workout clothes for Father's Day.  I stepped way out on a limb doing this because it's extremely rare that I pick out anything that doesn't eventually get returned, but I think I may have gotten lucky this time!


After cards and presents, we went to his moms to celebrate with her and Joey's grandpa.  Then we made the rounds to my parents house where we enjoyed a little pool time, then mom and I made homemade pizza for everyone.

Had to snag a pic with the father of my children :)


And of course my own daddy!


After pizza, Ashton made a chocolate lava cake.  It is so yummy and you make it in the microwave (in 7 minutes!)!!  (Recipe to follow later this week.)


Overall we had a nice Father's Day.  I always enjoy spending time with my dad and I was so happy to have Joey home to enjoy Father's Day as well.  I'm really liking this "Sundays off" gig!!


1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm going to need that lava cake recipe stat! It's my fave!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict