ZipList. I'm in love.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Last weekend my friend Neri was over at the house and we were discussing food and exercise.  She, nonchalantly, pulled up an app on her phone call ZipList.

And my life was changed forever.

Dramatic?  Maybe.  True?  Definitely!

Oh.Em.Gee.  This app/website is freaking amazing!  When I first downloaded it to my phone I was a little underwhelmed.  But once I went to the website and started searching recipes and adding them to my recipe box, I was sold. (Several of your favorite recipe bloggers are on this site - skinnytaste.com and ourbestbites.com, just to name two.)

I know, I know.  Isn't that what we have Pinterest for? To keep all of our recipes in one place?  Well, yes.  But Pinterest will not create a grocery list for you, will it?  And it will not separate the grocery list into aisles in your store, will it?

I KNOW!

So here's the lowdown: On ZipList you can search tons and tons of recipes, add them to your recipe box, then add select the recipes you want to make and click "add to shopping list".  It will pull up a window with the items it wants to add broken down into 2 sections - items you may need and items you may already have.  You simply check/uncheck what you actually need to purchase (and edit the item, if needed) and move along to the next recipe.

The next best thing is you can add your own recipes to the site.

I KNOW!!

So what did I do this afternoon?  I added several of our favorite recipes so the next time I want to make them, I don't have to think about what I need, I'll just click on the recipe and add it to my shopping list!  And the shopping list is electronic on your phone, so no need to worry about forgetting it or not having it with you when you pass by the store.  So simple!

I'm always looking for ways to simplify my life and this, so far, has really impressed!  You all should totally check it out.

*And no, I wasn't asked to write this or anything.  I just really love the site/app and had to share it!  Happy shopping!


3 comments:

Jenny said...

thank you.

Teri M said...

This sounds awesome - thanks for sharing!

Trina said...

I need this in my life!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict