So I went to skinnytaste.com, of course, and found the best cupcake recipe EVER!
I was seriously skeptical, but I thought I would give it a try and if they weren't any good, I'd toss them out and pick up some chips and salsa instead. But I didn't need to do that because they were fantastic.
If you're watching what you eat but still want to feel like you're cheating, you're definitely going to want to make these!
Low Fat Chocolate Cupcakes
What you need:
- 18.25 oz Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix (I had to buy 2 cake mixes b/c I could only find it in 16.5 oz size)
- 1.4 oz sugar free, fat free, instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/3 cups water
How you make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin and water in stand mixer.
- Add chocolate pudding mix to pumpkin and combine well.
- Add cake mix and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mixture will be thick, but don't worry. Spoon into cupcake liners and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before icing. (I used this recipe.)