Our love story.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reading through some blogs today I came across Erin’s Love Story post. She had linked up with From Mrs. To Mama and I thought I’d jump on board! Our 13th anniversary is in just a couple weeks, so it seemed fitting.

  1. How long have you and your significant other been together? Joey and I had our first date in February of 1998. Our 13th wedding anniversary is February 20.
  2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} Oh friends, we’ve been down this road before. I posted the truth here.  Unfortunately you can no longer read Joey’s version (aka “The Stalker Story”), because he deactivated his blog. (If you don’t feel like clicking around, the gist of it is we met at church, knew we would marry each other, and were engaged less than 3 months later.)
  3. How long have you been married? Joey and I will be married for 13 years on the 20th of this month.
  4. Where did you get married? Big or small wedding? We got married at our home church and it was a rather large wedding. My dad was one of the pastors and I sang weekly on the worship team, so everyone felt like they knew us. We didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, so we invited everybody.
  5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Not really, but we have been known to refer to each other by our favorite cereal. He’s “Honey Bunches” and I’m “Fruit Loop”. Yeah, I got the short end of the stick on that one. LOL
  6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. He makes me laugh – all the time. He works hard and provides well for our family. He takes care of me.
  7. Tell us how he proposed? He started out by sending me a dozen roses the day before, then 2 dozen the day of. We went to dinner at the Tower of Americas and then he drove us out to Boerne City Lake (we had been there on our first date). He laid a blanket out in the bed of his truck, lit candles, and got his guitar. Then he sang to me. (“From Here to Eternity” by Michael Peterson) He got on his knee and asked me to be his wife. It was perfect. (Well, it was perfect to me. Joey, to this day, is still upset that I didn’t cry. LOL)
  8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? We don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day. Our anniversary is so close that we’ve always opted to celebrate just the anniversary.
  9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? I’m really not much of a romantic. I just love being with him. Many a date night has been spent grabbing dinner and then walking around Target or Home Depot. (I know, I’m a man’s dream come true – I LOVE The Depot!) Not that I wouldn’t go for a sunset dinner on the beach, but since we don’t a beach nearby, I’m just fine with Target.
  10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? It may seem silly and sort of small, but I’ve always wanted to go to Boston in the Fall. (I’m not one that dreams of traveling Europe or anything. I’m a pretty simple gal.)
  11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. Probably nothing. Like I said earlier, we don’t usually celebrate. We are, however, taking an anniversary trip the weekend after.
  12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? Nope. (Pretty simple gal, remember?)
  13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Spending time together, dating (your spouse, of course!), and forgiveness. Marriage is hard. You have to work at it and it’s full of give and take. Forgiveness is key.
  14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Loved reading this!! You two are such a cute couple!!

P.S. I thought I was the only one that doesnt dream of fancy trips to paris! ;)

AmandaG said...

You are not lying when you say marriage is hard. But very worth it. Loved reading about your story!

Teri M said...

This was so sweet - you two are such a great couple...it was totally meant to be! :)

karensmith said...

Great love story you got here! God bless you both and congratulations. :)

college dating

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict