Let's rodeo!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Last week we took the kids to the rodeo with our good friends.  We like to go every year, and this year was just better with good company!

 ( Ha ha.  No, we didn't plan to be twins, but I think we look pretty cute anyway!)


We spent every bit of time we had before the rodeo at the carnival.  The kids could not get enough!  Taylor LOVES the Fun House.


But this is his favorite.  He remembers it every year and he always rides it a ton!


Even Joey and Osman got in on the fun.  They were lured in by the cowboy talking trash so they had to try to dunk him.  They both came close, but the cowboy stayed dry.


Unfortunately, I think I ate my funnel cake too fast and didn't get a picture.

Neri and Osman had never been to a rodeo before so it was really fun watching with them and trying to explain all the different events.  I should note, Neri and I are NOT fans of the calf roping.  It just looks cruel to rope that poor calf, throw him on his back, and tie 3 of his legs together!

Oh, and we saw The Band Parry.  They were good, but I'm not really a concert person.  Honestly, we enjoy the carnival and the rodeo more than the concert.  So we weren't too heartbroken when we realized it was a school night and we really should get the kids home to bed.

We love the rodeo - it's a shame it only happens once a year.

1 comment:

Grand Pooba said...

I haven't been to a rodeo in so long!! Looks so fun :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict