Laser Quest.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Last Friday was my dads birthday and my mom had been planning a fun family party for a couple of weeks.  We were going to surprise dad with Laser Quest!

Ha ha.  I know.  No, we're not 12 (well, one of us is) but it sounded fun!  So we planned to meet up on Saturday at Laser Quest, play our game, then head for pizza, cake and presents.

Only mom got seriously ill and didn't come.  Boo!  It was so sad no having her there, but she sent dad to meet us and the party went on.

(My mom is the scrapbook queen, so if there aren't pictures, it means it didn't happen.  Since Mom wasn't there, I used her camera to document the party.)



Seriously, there's no way my dad just turned 61, right??

Laser Quest was so fun!  I had never been, so I made Taylor be my buddy (I don't like to be alone, LOL) and we covered each other.  My code name was Tango (Joey's shift name) and Taylor was Yoda.

After Laser Quest we headed to a new pizza place for dinner.



Don't be alarmed.  My brother wasn't angry, he just refuses to smile in pictures.  (Now I know where my daughter gets it.)

I made dad's favorite cake - Dr. Pepper Cake - so after pizza, we dug into some chocolatey goodness.  Then I went to my car to get dads birthday present... Cinnamon Rolls!  These are dads favorite and I knew it would be the perfect gift.


We had a good time celebrating dad, but it just wasn't the same without mom there.  She's the party animal in the bunch, so it's hard to have a party without the animal present.


1 comment:

Teri M said...

Glad you had fun, even without your mom there!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict