Fast lane.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Last night I was headed to crossfit a little before 8.  It was dark, of course, and I was driving in the fast lane.  Crossfit is outside of town, so there's little-to-no traffic and not even homes or businesses, really.  Just a decent stretch of road.

I was about halfway there when I noticed that the headlights in front of me appeared to be on my side of the divided highway, in my lane.  In a split second I moved into the right lane and the car drove right by me.  I honked and honked, but I couldn't tell if they realized or not.

I totally freaked out!

First I felt stupid because I know not to drive in the fast lane after dark.  Joey has always told me that's where any wrong-way drivers will be, so not to drive in that lane at night.

Then I was just overwhelmed with shock, fear, thankfulness, and worry.  I was so freaked out that I hadn't even thought to call 911 and report the driver.  What was I thinking???  What if they hit someone???

I did call 911 and then on my way home from crossfit I drove all the way back into to town just to be sure there hadn't been a terrible accident.  Praise God there hadn't been.

All of this to say, please don't drive in the fast lane after dark.  People are crazy and it's just too dangerous.



2 comments:

Teri M said...

So very scary! You hear such horror stories about that kind of thing - I am so glad you were able to get out of the way!

Melissa said...

How scary! It's never crossed my mind not to drive in the fast lane at night.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict