Remember the media cabinet that I made earlier this year? You know, the one I still haven't finished?
Yeah, that one.
Well, this weekend I got the building bug and decided that it was high time I get those doors finished. My dad, who is my building partner, couldn't help this weekend so I was all on my own.
And let me tell you I am so proud of myself!!
People... I give you progress.
One of the reasons that dad and I stopped earlier this year and never got the doors on was because we could not, for the life of us, figure out the dang hinges.
So how did I figure it out? Through hours and hours of trial and error.
Look. I never claimed to be a professional. Obviously.
So once I figured out the hinges, then I took the doors back off so I could work on the false fronts.
In case you don't remember, the front of the cabinet is supposed to look something like this:
(I say "something" because I did modify the plans to add height.)
Anyway, I'm well on my way! I have high hopes to finish up all the doors this weekend and get them painted and installed.
And just a word to the wise: When building furniture, never move it to its intended location (and begin using it) before it's complete. If you do, it will likely take you another 6 months to get motivated to finish it.