Christmas Blues

Monday, November 28, 2011

I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but I’m just not in the Christmas spirit this year.

This is incredibly strange, because Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the tree, the outside lights, the music, the gifts –I love it all. But this year, I’m just not into it.

I put the tree up with the kids last weekend, but it’s just sort of blah to me.

We watched The Santa Clause 2 –and it almost helped me get in the groove, but not really.

It’s sad, really, but I’m not sure what’s causing it, so I don’t know how to fix it.

I’m not all that excited about Christmas cards (which I usually LOVE) or even writing my Christmas letter.

Don’t get me wrong, I know what Christmas is really about, but what I’m talking about here is just the “fun” stuff. Usually I’m like a kid, but this year, there’s just something off.

And I don't like it.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

8 comments:

dottie said...

I hope you find it hun! We watched Christmas Vacation and that always helps!

May I also suggest wine? Wine makes everything better.

Karm said...

that is exactly how I feel right now. Maybe because we haven't shopped lately? haha I think I need a festive date to cheer me up, maybe you should try one too (:

Melissa said...

I usually have all my decorations up and my Christmas cards done by now. I've done my tree and that's it. I don't know what my deal is. I want to do it all, but just can't get it together this year!

Melanie said...

I'm the exact same way this year. I hope we get over it soon!

Teri said...

Sorry you haven't found your inner fun...sounds like you have a touch of the holiday blues. I hope it passes soon!

Kelly said...

Missing your blog!!

Just tagged you on mine :)

Ashley said...

You've been tagged! http://ashley-lifeunscripted.blogspot.com/

Lindsay said...

missing your posts pretty lady!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict