Tell me, do I have an accent?

Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm never one to want to be left out (yep, I even ordered an Erin Condren Life Planner!), so I decided to do the accent vlog with the rest of the blogging world.

There are a few important things you should note while watching this:
  1. I have never before recorded a vlog.  And it took me a while to even figure out how to record on my computer.  I know, I'm a genius.
  2. It was late and I look like a hot mess.
  3. The starting frame?  Yeah, gorgeous.
  4. This thing took all.night.long to upload.
  5. Holy smokes.  Did I mention hot mess?!?
Ok, enough excuses for what might very well be the most embarrassing thing I've ever put on the internet.  Here we go.


Accent vlog from THEStephanieG on Vimeo.


So... do I have an accent?  I honestly don't think I do, but I'm sure some of you (or all of you) may have a different opinion.

The instructions are to say these words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

And answer these questions:
  1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  4. What do you call gym shoes?
  5. What do you say to address a group of people?
  6. What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
  7. What do you call your grandparents?
  8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  10. What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?


15 comments:

Lauren said...

ADORABLE!!!!! :) Loved this!!!

Legallyblondemel said...

Congratulations - not only are you not a hot mess at all here, but I also don't think you have an accent. I've found that most Texans don't, actually, which came as a surprise coming from out of state.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I don't really think you have an accent, but your "y'all" is pretty strong. haha. I love watching these.

Rachel said...

Your too cute! Love this!

AmandaG said...

"What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?"

Here in San Antonio we call that a miracle! Ha! I don't think you have an accent either. I don't think I have one, but one time I went to Pennsylvania and a few people there said I had one. Weird!

-Lauren said...

So cute. I love watching all of these!

Maggie said...

I always say when it rains as the sun is shining that it is the "devil beating his wife!" Always have heard that...that's upstate South Carolina for ya!

Kelly said...

Cute! And you definitely don't look a hot mess! Being from the south myself, I was expecting a strong accent! But - I couldn't pick up an accent at all!

California Wife said...

I just loved getting to watch your vlog! One thing I learned from all of this is that people from Texas don't really have accents! I totally thought that they did!

Becca said...

You are so cute! I think you have a southern accent but not too strong... I agree with the above poster - I thought EVERYONE from Texas had strong accents but not really!

Mighty M said...

You are so not a hot mess! Loved this - you have no accent as far as I can tell! :)

Mighty M said...

PS: I am checking out those planners!!!

adneris said...

Nope, I don't think you have an accent and am I the only one who spells "y'all" "ya'll?" lol

Trina said...

You don't really have a strong accent, but you saying y'all makes you Southern to me so ha! lol

Amy Bennett said...

I actually don't think you have a strong accent either...I wouldn't have pegged you for Texas!

PS Your blog caught my eye right away...my husband is a police officer too!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict