Stephanie cooks: Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You may have noticed a few trends around these parts.

One, I'm cooking a lot more.  Yes, this is true.  There's something about Fall that makes me want to cook and bake.  I love it!  My waist does not.

Moving along...

Two, I'm obsessed with my crock pot.  This, too, is true.  It's just so easy to throw something together and so fun to come home to a fully cooked meal!  Wouldn't you agree?

So on that note, here's my latest and greatest crock pot meal, which is found on pinterest. The original recipe is here, but my adaptation is below.


Baked Potato Soup (Crock Pot)

(image found here)

What you need:
  • 2.5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed, peeled, and cubed
  • ½ medium onion, diced
  • 3 cans chicken broth
  • 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • Crumbled bacon
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Green onions


How you make it:
  1. Add potatoes, onion, seasoning and chicken broth to slow cooker.
  2. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
  3. Remove half of the soup to another bowl and add cream cheese and garlic.  Puree.
  4. Return removed portion to the crock pot.
  5. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
  6. Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!

This soup was so good, it had to be sinful.  I made it on Sunday for the game (GO COWBOYS!) along with the yummiest bacon-wrapped jalapenos I have ever put in my mouth.

It was a pretty great day all around.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I saw that one on Pinterest too, think I may try it :)

Sunshinemeg said...

YUM! You can never go wrong with a goood potato soup recipe. The only thing that makes potato soup better, is cooking it in the crock pot! So easy, so good!

Megan said...

I will be trying this!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict