It's a miracle.
You may wonder why I haven't posted any "Stephanie cooks" lately. Well, that's simply because I haven't cooked. I'm completely serious. I can't even remember the last time I cooked an actual meal.
I figured the best way to ease myself back into regular cooking would be with my crock pot. Yesterday was the inaugural meal and it was a huge hit! So huge that I have meal #2 in the crock pot right now.
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
What you need:
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced (I only used half an onion)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 refrigerator biscuits
How you make it:
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Add butter, soups, onion and parsley.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Once cooking time has elapsed, take a fork and shred the chicken.
- Cut the biscuits into pieces and add to crock pot.
- Continue to cook for 30-45 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.
This was so good and so easy! Joey took one bite and about fell out of his chair it was so good!
When I was typing the recipe just now, I realized that I only added 1 can of cream of chicken soup. About halfway through the cooking I started to think that it wasn't soupy enough, so I added another can of chicken broth. Oops! I suppose it would have been fine if I had added the correct amount of soup in the first place.
Also, I only used half of an onion. Even with that, I was worried that it would be to oniony but it turned out great!
Yay for crock pot meals!