A September miracle.

Friday, September 16, 2011

People.  Do you see this?  It's raining.


Now, I know for some of you this may not mean anything.  Or it may be a reminder of terrible flooding that you've had recently.

For those of us in South Texas, this means that maybe we can get through the day without more grass fires breaking out.

Close to 100% of Texas has been under a severe drought for months and recently we've had horrible wildfires breaking out all over the state.  The worst of the wildfires is just South of Austin and has consumed over 1500 homes (can you imagine?!?) and 34,000 acres.  I can't even fathom.

Thank you Jesus for the rain.


7 comments:

Jenster said...

have not gotten any on my side of town yet. i sure do feel sorry for that person driving the jeep!

Aimee said...

I cannot imagine and I am happy there is rain falling there!

Karm said...

YAY! I am happy you are getting rain!!!

Melissa said...

That rain is definitely an answered prayer for all you Texas people!

Lauren said...

PTL for rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neri said...

Still impatiently waiting for rain over here! lol

a boy a girl and a pug said...

praise the Lord!! we're in the dfw area and have just been getting a few sprinkles here and there, but so glad for that and a little cooler weather.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict