Progress.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Remember the media cabinet that I made earlier this year?  You know, the one I still haven't finished?

Yeah, that one.

Well, this weekend I got the building bug and decided that it was high time I get those doors finished.  My dad, who is my building partner, couldn't help this weekend so I was all on my own.

And let me tell you I am so proud of myself!!

People... I give you progress.


One of the reasons that dad and I stopped  earlier this year and never got the doors on was because we could not, for the life of us, figure out the dang hinges.

So how did I figure it out?  Through hours and hours of trial and error.

Look.  I never claimed to be a professional. Obviously.

So once I figured out the hinges, then I took the doors back off so I could work on the false fronts. 


In case you don't remember, the front of the cabinet is supposed to look something like this:


(I say "something" because I did modify the plans to add height.)

Anyway, I'm well on my way!  I have high hopes to finish up all the doors this weekend and get them painted and installed.

I'm determined.

And just a word to the wise: When building furniture, never move it to its intended location (and begin using it) before it's complete.  If you do, it will likely take you another 6 months to get motivated to finish it.


8 comments:

Katie said...

love your blog! Found it from Megan's at fried green pickles :) this project is so awesome. I pinned it on Pinterest!

I have a great monogrammed lucite tray giveaway going on right now so come enter if you want!!

Katie

Karm said...

that looks lovely. *high five* for finishing it!!

Teri said...

It is looking good - but I had to laugh at your comment about not using said furniture until renovations are done. Sounds like something I would do! :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Looks pretty good to me actually!!! :)

Kelly said...

I'm impressed :)

Megan said...

It's looking good!

Kim said...

Just found your blog and am now following!

You have a beautiful family! This cabinet is going to be CUTE when completed!!

P.S. saw on Twitter from @Annie0720 It's your b-day, that's how I found your blog....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Lauren said...

You go girl, can't wait to see the end result!!!!!!!!! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict