Long lazy weekend.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I love a long weekend.  And this three day weekend was exactly what I needed.

On Friday, my boss left the office around 2 and told me to take off.  Um... let me think... OK!  So I headed home to see Joey before he left for work.  Once he was gone, I promptly put my pjs on and didn't move from the couch.

It was glorious.

Saturday I took the kids to a birthday party then headed to church.  I sang all weekend so I was there most of Saturday and then again on Sunday until about 2.  After that, I was fully committed to staying in my pjs until I had to leave for work on Tuesday morning.

I didn't make it.

I was fairly successful on Sunday, although I did mix in a little laundry and cleaning.  Oh, and I managed to convince Ashton to make us pancakes for dinner.  I'm not sure how she does it, but she makes the best pancakes!

(Sorry for the horrible quality, but I've mentioned before that Ashton doesn't like to have her picture taken, so I had to be super sneaky.)

Then on Monday morning it was so gorgeous outside that I decided to take Trigger for a nice long walk (which required clothing other than pjs).  Since we haven't had rain in San Antonio since 1997 (and I'm only slightly exaggerating), when we got back from our walk I decided to hand water the grass.  Trigger was so tuckered out that he was totally content to hang on the porch and watch me.


After our morning outdoor activities, it was back in the pjs for me.

Sometimes you just need to wear pajamas all day, right?

5 comments:

Sunshinemeg said...

Pajama days are the best! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me. I think we need to talk to someone about putting in more long weekends during the year, no?

Rachel said...

i love those kind of days!

Teri said...

Absolutely!!! :)

Aimee said...

I feel like I wear pj pants all of the time when I'm inside my house. I just can't handle hanging out in jeans in my own house. I hope that's not too weird (: Your weekend sounded relaxing!

Karm said...

I love wearing pj's all day.
Pancakes for dinner... so delicious.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict