Volcano!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One of our friends bought Taylor a volcano making kit for his birthday last week.  It's been sitting on the counter since his party just waiting to made.

Sunday night we started the process by mixing the plaster for the mold.



After we had the mold created, it had to dry for 24 hours.  Finally, yesterday afternoon it was dry enough that it could be painted.  Taylor let Ashton help and together they mixed paint to create the color he wanted, painted the volcano brown and then painted red lava coming down from the top.

Once that dried, it was time for the "explosion".  (Let it be known that we were supposed to add red paint to the "lava", but I had already tossed the paint, which is why we have white lava.)


The kids thought this was the coolest thing ever!



3 comments:

Mighty M said...

Awesome!

Mary ♥ Mur said...


Hi there.)

Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
Nice post.))

I need your help (maybe again) ...
Do you anything about PayPal? If yes, can you say me about this system?
thanx.

Jenster said...

the volcano is fantastic!!!

ok, so what i really wanted to say is that your counters are beautiful! love,love,love

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict