*tear*

Friday, August 19, 2011

Yesterday afternoon, Ashton and I tackled middle school orientation.  Ashton was super nervous.  She's at a new school where she doesn't know anyone AND she has to change classes, dress out for PE, and use a locker.

It was surreal.  Time goes by so quickly and I just can't believe she's already in middle school.  I know she'll do great, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to go with her on Monday.

She asked me more than once what happens if she gets lost. (Oh goodness, I can feel the tears.  Be strong momma!) Will she have to eat lunch by herself? (Uh oh.  They're falling.)  What if she can't get her locker open? (Ok, now I'm bawling.)

We walked her schedule several times and I promised her that she would make friends and that every other 6th grader was in the same boat.  Everyone is nervous when they start middle school.

Especially the mommas of beautiful, talented, smart little girls - who just aren't as little as they used to be.



Hold me.


8 comments:

Rachel said...

I feel ya...Zach started 6th grade last year at a new school and was nervous too but did great...and so will she! We need the help as parents to help us cope with them growing up so fast...and Hannah going into 1st grade *tear*

dottie said...

{Hugs!}

She'll do great! My daughter LOVED Jr. High. Maybe a little too much. Ha, ha!

Aimee said...

I'm not a mom yet so I cannot even imagine how surreal that must have felt! I'm sure she will do great!

Mighty M said...

You have raised her right....she and you will be just fine (and the tears are totally okay!). :)

Staci said...

dude i still dream that i cant find the right class.....like i wake up panicking, poor baby....i feel your pain but its more like im putting my child in kinder and he's not at grace point anymore...how DID you do it with Taylor

Melanie said...

Your precious little girl will be just fine! I get the same way when I go anywhere new and I'm in my 20's. I'll say a prayer that she has an awesome day, and meets lots of new friends! You'll be fine too, Momma!

Melissa said...

I hope everything turns out perfect for her! I'm sure she'll make new friends quickly!

Jentfur said...

Oh my Gosh! I so could have written the same thing! Last year in 5th Brittany did change classes halfway through the day, but she came home in tears...so stressful! We went through the schedule as well and made sure that she knew what "4 minutes to get to class" is. (Not 20!) And I was anxious all day, what if she got lost, did not find a friend, it can happen among 1500 students...And when I picked her up (was there super early) She had a great day, and announced she loved middle school. THANK GOD! Now I have to get on board, I don't want her to grow up so fast!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict