Playing catch-up.

Thursday, August 11, 2011


I've been in a major slight blogging funk lately.  Not really sure why, but since I really only blog for myself, I haven't felt the need to force something when it just wasn't there.  But now, all of the sudden, I feel like I need to catch up.  So here goes...

About 2 days ago, I decided it was time to chop my hair off.  I'm very set in my was when it comes to my hair.  I don't do much different for years at a time, then one day, I'll get the urge for a change.  I have an appointment in two weeks and it's coming off.  Not all of it, of course, but at least 3-4 inches.

The last time I cut it, I loved it! (And for the record, that was 3 years ago.)


I have to say though, this hair is really looking good to me:

____________________ 

And speaking of Pinterest (where I found that picture), I finally joined.  For the most part, I really like it, but I'm still a bit frustrated with what shows up on my home page.  I only want to see the people that I follow, but I still have random people that show up.  Why?? I've clicked on them and I'm not following them (or any of their boards) but they still show up!
____________________

I don't think I mentioned this on the blog, but if you follow me on Twitter you know that someone hit my precious new car on the highway about a month ago.  My car has been in the shop for nearly 4 weeks.  I'm so frustrated!  It wasn't even damaged that bad, but they say that they're having trouble getting the necessary parts because the car is so new.

Um... they're making the car, so they should have parts, right??
____________________ 

A few weeks ago, Ashton and I rearranged her room.  She had been complaining since we moved in that she didn't have very much space so I finally gave in and arranged her room the way she wanted.  I was skeptical at first, but once we moved everything, I think it looks really good.

She now has quite a large area at the foot of her bed so I ordered her a chair.


Is that not the funnest looking chair??  I also ordered a red one for Taylor, but something happened with the shipment and now it's not available.  Bummer!
____________________

I've really been itching for a vacation lately.  Joey and I do not travel hardly at all, but the other day I decided that we really needed to plan a little get away for our anniversary in February.  I would love to go to San Francisco.

Source: google.com via Cherie on Pinterest

Cable cars, China Town, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge... It just seems like there is so much to do!

I know several of you have been, so do you have any suggestions?  Where should we stay?  What should we do? What should we not bother with?
____________________

Since the kids have been out of school for the summer, I've really let my morning routine slide.  My alarm goes off at 6, but all summer long I've been snoozing until 6:30!  The kids start school in less than two weeks and I have got to stop this.  The first day of school will be really tough for me. LOL


4 comments:

Jenster said...

oh my gosh, i'm with you. i am so stuck in my ways with my hair. i am SUPER low maintenance when it comes to my hair. that hair style would look really cute on you!!

Trina said...

Yay for short and sassy hair! Sometimes I wish mine was long, but I think it sets me apart from all the other girls with long flowing locks. {At least that's what I tell myself ;)}

I am with you on the morning routine! My alarm goes off at 6 and I snooze til at LEAST 6:15 6:20. Sometimes 6:30 lol. But Monday is coming quickly and I need to get my butt in gear!

Rachel said...

I cannot wait to see your hair cut! I too need a new style and color...I need to find a good stylist first :(

M said...

I LOVE San Francisco! Really truly a lovely city with gobs and gobs of things to do. I grew up in the Bay Area and we used to do day trips there all the time. So, I don't have any advice on where to actually stay, but I can give you some ideas on what to do!

If you've never been there before, I suggest hitting some tourist spots because they are really fun. Pier 39 always has street performers. The sea lions just came back and you can see them (and if you're like my grandfather, start barking at them to really get them going).

If you like seafood, you must go to Fisherman's Wharf. You can get a walkaway cocktail of shrimp, crab, or calamari and it is so fresh you can actually taste how fresh it is. Also, sourdough bread is the best you're going to get it in San Francisco. Check out Boudin's. You can get clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl and it is absolutely worth all the carbs.

Ghiradelli Square is kind of nearby there as well and you can get a hot fudge sundae made with Ghiradelli chocolate.

The trolley cars are really fun and you can ride it like a bus, getting from point a to b, or you can just ride and ride and be amazed at how hilly the city is. Chinatown feels like you're in another country and Little Italy has AMAZING food.

There are a few theaters as well and they often do raffles for tickets. You put your name in a few hours before the show and get the chance for two front or second row seats for something around $20 each. If you don't mind flying by the seat of your pants, it's worth the chance!

Go to Lombard Street because it's just fun and I think it's the crookedest mile in the world.

Alcatraz is really cool too. It's crazy to think about people attempting and actually escaping from there! It seems absolutely impossible because it's not unusual for it to be covered by fog for days at a time.

There are some really great museums. If you are taking your kids, check out the Exploratorium. It's an interactive museum that the whole family will actually enjoy. I know I've been to at least two museums in San Francisco that I thought were really cool but I have no idea what the names of them were. I think if art is your thing, you won't be disappointed in San Francisco.

There's tons of other things but those are some of my favorites! Be sure you take layers and extra jackets. Even in the summer it can be cold. The fog is beautiful but will definitely be chilly if you're coming from San Antonio!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict