First day of school 2011

Monday, August 22, 2011

Well, it's here.

The first day of school.

Taylor was up and at 'em at 5:30 this morning.  Ashton offered to walk him to the bus stop, so at 6:25, they were out the door.

I was lucky enough to get a pic before he headed down the street.


Of course I couldn't just leave him there by himself, so I sat on the front porch with Trigger and we watched him until the bus came. Then as the bus drove by our house, I waved and he stuck his hand out the window and waved back.

*Note: I will need serious therapy the day that Taylor decides he's too cool for his momma.  I know it will come, but until it does, I'm going to soak up every last bit of it.*

Ashton wasn't quite as excited as Taylor, but we finally met another girl in the neighborhood last night who is going into 6th grade at the same school!  She's riding the bus as well, so Ashton was feeling a little better since she would have a friend with her.

She got ready, ate breakfast, told Joey good bye and barely let me snap a pic.


Then she walked to the bus stop.

She would have no part of me walking her, or even watching from the porch, so I went inside and did what any sane, not-afraid-to-let-your-baby-grow-up mom would do.

I watched incessantly from the office window.

 
See those 3 kids at the corner in the distance?  One of them is Ashton.

Now, this is where I tell you that unfortunately, the rest of the morning didn't go as planned.  Ashton and I were a bit off on the time the bus would come, so she missed it.  And she missed her friend.

I drove her to school with plenty of time to spare, but I was so upset that she was then by herself and not with a friend.  I know she will be fine, but I wish her first day would have gone differently. #majormomfail


6 comments:

Mighty M said...

Oh bummer about the bus! Glad she got there on time - and they were both looking great for their first day back! Hang in there mom!! :)

Rachel said...

on the bright side you got to drive her to her first day of middle school :) hugs!!! they look so cute!

Staci said...

awww i left my lil man today bawling....did he cry?? no not even almost..... :( i feel ur pain!

Virginia Belle said...

They look great, I hope they have a great first day!

Brown Girl said...

Hey at least she looked good while missing the bus! Hope they both have a great first day!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I can only imagine you wish it went better, BUT I am sure it was great considering!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict