Can I just state the obvious here for a second?
"Back to school" is freaking expensive!!
I know, I know. This isn't news to anyone. Not even to me. But I guess it really crept up on me this year and now school starts in 2 weeks and I haven't done anything to prepare!
So let's chat about how I should really get a part-time job, shall we?
- School supplies for Taylor, 2nd grade - Elementary school supplies aren't that bad, I'll admit. And thanks to my fabulous MIL, Taylor probably has about half of his supplies already.
- School supplies for Ashton, 6th grade - Middle school is a whole different ball game. Everything is bigger and more complicated, which equals more expensive.
- Speaking of middle school, not only do we have school supplies, but now we need gym uniforms and athletic shoes as well.
- Oh, and let's not forget the student planner that the school recommends.
- Then, of course, there's school clothes - and all moms know this really means an entire new wardrobe (since children grow at the speed of light). And granted, I should have probably bought them new clothes for the summer, but instead I just had them cut their too-short-jeans into shorts (Ashton loves this anyway) and long sleeve shirts into short sleeve. You can call it white trash if you want. I call it stretching a dollar.
- And we can't forget new shoes. Did I mention that children grow at the speed of light? Yeah, so their school shoes from last year don't fit and they're not allowed to wear their summer shoes - um, flip flops. So new shoes it is.
- Haircuts. Taylor won't be so bad, but Ashton has been begging for months now to get her highlights done again and I've put it off as long as I can. I figured the start of middle school was a big deal and certainly warranted a fresh 'do. But it will literally kill me to spend the same money on her hair that I spend on mine.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'm so stressed out now, I really should stop thinking about it.
Oh, and did I mention that August is Taylor's birthday month? Yep! So we have a birthday party to throw and presents to buy.
Any leads on a part-time job? Or a heads up on some lottery numbers?