The Zone.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yesterday was my 5 month anniversary with Crossfit.  (Ha ha.  Like how I talk about it like it's a person?)

When I started Crossfit, I was focused on not quitting, so I didn't put too much thought into what I was eating.  I mean, I usually try to eat a low-carb diet, but I wasn't on any kind of plan, just eating what I thought I should.

Yesterday, I finally decided to try The Zone, which is the Crossfit recommended eating "style".  I really knew nothing about it other than what my friend had told me about 3 block meals.

Um, what's a block?

Sunday night I spend nearly 2 hours putting together my menu for Monday.  Yes, I said Monday.  Not the entire week, just Monday.  I was so confused!!  But after many, many texts with a Zone professional (aka fellow Crossfitter), this is what I came up with:


I made a few changes, but overall, it turned out great!  (Changes included adding 1/4 avocado to my lunch, only 3 almonds in the snack, and the last snack moved to 30 minutes before bed and changed to 1 cup strawberries, 2 slices deli ham, and 3 almonds.)

Last night it didn't take me nearly as long to put together my menu for today.


I must say, though, I'm already sick to death of eggs.  They're not my favorite anyway, so I really need a different protein source for breakfast.

Has anyone ever done The Zone?  Any tips??

PS - I feel the need to say that I'm not necessarily on a "diet".  I'm not overweight and I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but I am trying to tone.  I'm working out really hard with Crossfit and I'd like to be able to see the muscles I'm building. :)



4 comments:

dottie said...

I wish I had your determination!

ty said...

That menu sounds pretty good! I'm hypoglycemic, so I have to eat six times a day, or else I just kind of fall over and die. Not The Zone, but if you need any menu ideas, I have a zillion!

Cat said...

im not familiar with "the zone" diet so this may not be allowed, but when i get sick of eggs, i have a scoop of protein powder instead-- i either put it in my oatmeal or i add it to 6-8oz. of water.

Mighty M said...

Eggs - you can do a nut butter but that will add more calories. Do you like cottage cheese??

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict