Weekend recap.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Well, I'm back from my stay-cation - actually I've been back for a while - so I think I need to catch up.

  • We had a blast with my cousins and their kids last week.  I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was too busy floating in the lazy river, however, I did get some obligatory "s'mores" pics.


  • Towards the end of our stay-cation, I came down with a summer cold that I was certain would be the death of me.  Finally, by Sunday I was feeling well enough to go to Crossfit.  Other than that, I pretty much slept for 4 days straight (while simultaneously complaining about said cold on Twitter).
  • Late last week my parents left town to visit my family in Amarillo and they brought Ditto, my dog-brother, to stay with us.  He and Trigger got along nicely.  Hopefully Ditto taught Trigger how fun it is to be totally chill and lay around all day.


  • Look!  I think it worked!!

  • Somewhere along the way, my son decided the dog life might be for him.


  • After seeing the above picture of Taylor's hair, we took him for a haircut immediately.  Then we had snocones.

  • Later on that day, we had an unexpected visitor.  The kids had taken Trigger for a walk on Saturday and they were followed home by another dog, who proceeded to come into my house, into my bedroom!!
  • This picture does not do the size of the dog justice.  He was huge!  He had to weigh at least 100 lbs.  He was also very sweet and well-trained, so we knew he must to belong to someone.  After some searching, we located the owner and he was reunited with his Clifford-sized dog on Sunday.
  • Sunday afternoon was pretty low key.  I laid out for a bit then headed to crossfit.  I hadn't worked out in nearly a week, so I was anxious to get back.

Goodness, I'm tired after recapping that.  Thank heavens I have vacation coming up!  Woo hoo!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation and are feeling better now!

Lauren said...

I am glad you are feeling better and glad you had fun! Ashton looks like an adult in that first picture!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict