Weekend recap.

Monday, June 13, 2011

This weekend was completely jam packed - non-stop!  It was lots of fun, but I'm already looking forward to next weekend so I can relax from last weekend.

Friday I had a much needed girls' night out to see Bridesmaids.


Everyone has been talking about this movie.  It is so flippin' hilarious!!  If you haven't seen it, you must!

After the movie we grabbed some dinner and margaritas (a GNO must, of course), then I headed home to make a cake.  I had promised a friend that I would bake a Dr. Pepper cake for him for his birthday and I had to take it to church on Saturday, so I stayed up until 1am baking.  (I also made one for my dad because I think he would have disowned me had I not.  And I love him.)


After church on Saturday, I headed home to get ready for a party at our neighbors house.  I know I've said it before, but I feel so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors!  We get along so well and always have a great time hanging out.

Sunday morning it was back to church for 3 services, then home for a little nap.  Trigger wanted to join me.


After our little nap, Joey's mom came over to meet her new grand-puppy and bring him a present - because that's what Mimi's do, right?  Trigger loves his new bone and hasn't let it out of his sight since.


Sunday night, we had another party at a different neighbors house.  Again, tons of fun hanging out with everyone and meeting new neighbors.

When Joey came home from work this morning (at 3:30) he was greeted with quite a surprise.  When he went to take Trigger outside to potty, he heard meowing, and what-do-you-know?  Our cat that has been missing for nearly 4 months was there on the back porch!  He could not believe it!  We thought for sure she had become dinner for a hungry owl, but she's a tough one, I guess.

Trigger was super excited to have a new friend to play with, but I think Leah was just happy to have some dinner.  She is skinny as ever!


Poor thing!  She still had her collar on and was very happy to see us.  I even woke Ashton up in the  middle of the night to show her that her cat had returned.  Leah LOVES Ashton and always slept with her, so Ashton was very happy to have her back.


8 comments:

Jenster said...

oh my gosh steph, so sorry to hear leah had been missing for so long. poor thing ( yes i am an animal lover!! ) so glad she has found her way back home.

Karm said...

a Dr. Pepper cake? sounds delicious. I have been wanting to watch Bridesmaids for a while now, is it still in theaters? I want to go really bad now.
I am glad Ashton got her cat back, I bet it was a relief to have your pets return.
Speaking of cakes, I was watching Steel Magnolia this weekend and couldn't help but laugh about the groom's mens red velvet amardillo cake. haha It was so hilarious, now I want to attempt to make that for my mother. She enjoyed that movie.

Melissa said...

I must be the only flippin female who hasn't seen Bridesmaids! I need to soon!

Lauren said...

BEST movie EVER!!!!! And yay for the cat's return!!!!!!! :)

Aimee said...

Ok. I really need to see Bridesmaids. I've heard so many good things about it. And I am glad you got your cat back! Cake looks good too...ah, my weakness!

Mighty M said...

Wow - I can hardly believe your cat came back after all this time! I wish we could all know where she has been! :) Can't wait to see that movie - what a fun GNO.

Dottie said...

I totally need a GNO. (Now, that song is stuck in my head...) I still have not seen Bridesmaid's. Must. Do. It. I hear you on needing a weekend from the weekend! I can already feel that coming!

Lishak said...

Yay! So glad your cat came back. I love your new puppy! Too cute!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict