Trigger happy.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Meet Trigger.


We rescued Trigger yesterday afternoon from a man who had rescued him from the side of the highway.  He was dirty, but so sweet!

We brought him home, gave him a good bath, and let him settle in to his new home.




I could be wrong, but I think he's settled in nicely.

I was a bit worried about the crate training, since I like my sleep (as does Joey) and wasn't looking forward to listening to him whimper all night.  My mom suggested that we get an analogue clock (or something that ticks) because she said they like the noise.  I went searching for such a thing, but all I could find was this:


Yes, my new puppy is now the proud owner of a teddy bear with the soothing sounds of the womb.  And he loves it! 

He was so great last night!  I put him in his crate around 9pm, turned on the bear (which is on top of the crate, BTW, not in it - I'm no dummy!), and went to bed.  He whined for about 2 minutes, then I never heard another peep out of him until Joey got home.

Joey took him out to potty, then back in his crate he went.  Again, he was so good!  Just a few little whimpers, then off to dreamland.

He's such a sweet dog and has been doing so well!  He loves chewing on his bone and really appreciated the nice, cozy bed that Joey got him.


I'm all ears for your puppy training tips!  Help a sista out!


15 comments:

Jenster said...

puppy trainging tip # 1 - Patience! :)

i love all of my three dogs!

Melanie said...

How sweet is that dog? Love those pics! Does he have a name? Or did I miss that?

Melanie said...

I see that it is Trigger. I must still be asleep!

Lyryn said...

Boy do I miss our emails. Been thinking about you a lot these past few days. Love that first picture of you. SO PRETTY! Hope all is well!

Sweet Simplicity said...

He is so cute!! I hope everything continues to go so well.

Lindsay said...

oh my goodness!! he is adorable!! i want to come play with him!

ty said...

Awww, sweet baby!!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

He is SOOO cute!! Lucy use to lay like that with her back feet sticking out like that! Looks so uncomfortable!

AmandaG said...

What a cute dog! I've trained many a dog, and the deal is to praise them like mad and give a treat when they go potty outside. Consider taking him out about 30 minutes after eating to keep him from going inside. And lots of repeating of words helps too. When we say outside, our dogs know where to go. I am pretty sure it's because we'd repeat it often when we'd take them out. The crate is great! That's where the dogs would be during the day until they were old enough to be trusted. Getting a dog door was the best thing for us. Good luck!

Kelly said...

Trigger is so cute!

Trina said...

Oh mercy. You're a better woman than me. I could not have a dog. lol

Amy Lynn said...

AWWWW! He's SO cute!!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh my goodness, he is so cute! he looks SO similar to the puppy (I'll always call him a puppy, just like I'll always call our littles our babies ;)) we had growing up! oh the memories! glad everything going beautifully so far!

Lauren said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG he is the cutest thing ever. My best piece of advice - buy lots of dog toys. I know they seem like a waste of money... But having lots of things to play with that they know are "theirs" will save your shoes/the kids' toys/your furniture/etc, etc. Such a sweet puppy, congrats on the new addition!

amy (metz) walker said...

PRECIOUS!!! He lays exactly the way our lab does and I just love it!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict