Smarty pants.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ashton and Taylor finished up the school year with outstanding grades.  They are both very smart and we could not be more proud of them.

Ashton aced all of her TAKS tests (state mandated tests) - math, science, reading - only missing 2 questions out of all 3 tests!  This is such an accomplishment!  She also finished up the year with an overall "A" average.  She has always been very smart and we're so proud of her for finishing up her elementary career strong.

Taylor doesn't take the TAKS test yet, but he also finished up the year with all "E's" (the equivalent of an A).  I'm also very proud of him for bringing up his citizenship grade.  The previous 9 weeks, he received his first "N" in citizenship.  He's not a touble maker, but he does like to talk.  And that got him several marks in his folder.  This last 9 weeks he tried very hard and I'm happy to say that he did not get one single mark in his folder!  I'm so very proud of the effort he made!

Because of their wonderful accomplishments, we wanted to celebrate by taking the kids to dinner at the restaurant of their choice.  This could have been budget-breaking, as my children are known to have quite expensive taste in restaurants, but it turned out not too bad.

They chose Red Lobster and we all had a great time!

Me and my beautiful girl.  I can't believe she will be in middle school!  I'm so stinkin' proud to be her momma!
 
My two favorite boys.  Love them both more than life.


3 comments:

Lauren said...

You have got to be two proud parents!!! So wonderful :)

Melanie said...

First, is it possible that you are her older, college age sister? You and your husband do not look old enough to have children that age!

Second, big congrats to your cute kiddos. As a teacher, it is so nice to see parents involved, with well-behaved smart children! Parents make the world of difference! Kuddos to you!

Lyryn said...

Good for them! Yay to summer time! Love the pictures!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict