Last day of school.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Today is the last day of school for the kids.  Not only the last day, but the last day of elementary school for Ashton.  I just can't believe it.

I left the house this morning and forgot to take a picture of the kids, so I made them pose for me in the parking lot at school.  Both of them were super excited about this. *sarcasm*


And just for reference, here they are on the first day of school in August 2010.


And here they are as they will forever remain in my mind.


*pause for giant tear fest*

This morning was Ashton's 5th grade graduation ceremony, so I gathered in the school cafeteria with all the other parents and their cameras.  I tried not to embarrass Ashton, but it's just so easy these days.


They all walked the stage and received their awards.  I'm so proud of my girl.  She made 100% on all of her TAKS tests, with the exception of Science, which she missed 2 out of 40.  She also made A honor roll and was in the Young Astronauts Club.


Ashton had a great teacher this year and made some really good friends.  She's very apprehensive about middle school since not only will it be middle school, but she'll be at a different middle school than all her friends.  In fact, she didn't even want the school year to end. Which, if you know anything about Ashton, that will tell you how apprehensive she is.

I'm encouraging her to keep in touch with her friends over the summer and talking to her often about middle school.  I hope I'm easing her fears, but I remember those days.  It's all so different and it can be very scary.


Here she is, my beautiful girl, moving on to 6th grade. And by the way, the tall one in the top row on the left, that's not her teacher.  That's a student.  And she is loved by everyone!  She's throwing an end-of-the-year bash tomorrow night and Ashton is super excited to be able to see her friends one last time.


8 comments:

Lauren said...

Go Ashton!!!! I see one of the future leaders of America!!! :) I know how scary middle school could be, but know she is going to do great!!!

Melissa said...

I had to start over at a new school in 6th grade too. It was so scary, but I survived! She'll do great!!

Megan said...

Yay for Ashton!

At least she'll be able to keep her current friends AND make new ones!! Win-Win!

Trina said...

I think she'll do just fine! She's a bright girl, go Ashton!

And just look at how much older Taylor looks compared to August! Wow.

So the older lady in the pic isn't her teacher? You said left, so I got confused because she's on the right looking at the photo, but standing to Ashton's left....am I confusing you yet? I'm confusing myself.. lol

Jo Ann Henning said...

Wow. It's hard to believe how fast they grow up. She's so beautiful - just like her mom.

Karm said...

whoo hoo congrats ashton!
that is so cool but sad. Im sure she will adjust easily next school year.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, what a big day! congratulations to Ashton and to you and hubby for a great year! Great job Ashton! She'll do great next year, I know that is so hard but she'll have a bunch of new friends and she can keep in touch with her old friends too! :) I love all the pics, oh they made me smile, so sweet!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh I remember that day--middle school-- dun, dun, dunnnnn! She will do great. It's scary, but, she has a great summer to look forward to. Those summer breaks were the happiest time in my life, I know she'll enjoy every minute of it!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict