Weekend recap.

Monday, May 2, 2011

I've really been slacking lately around the blog, but I hate forcing a blog post.  If it's not there, it's not there, right?  But I do want to remember a few things from the weekend, so...

  • Friday night started off perfectly with a girls night out with the ladies from our neighborhood.  We had so much fun drinking margaritas and munching on Mexican food.  Perfect way to start the weekend!  I'm so blessed to have some great ladies in the neighborhood.
  • Saturday morning, Ashton informed us of her TAKS scores.  Another 100 in math and she only missed one question on her reading test!  We could not be more proud!!
  • Saturday evening, my parents came over so dad and I could work on the doors for the media cabinet.  We still have no doors.
  • Sunday, when we picked Taylor up from his class at church, he handed me a paper plate that said "How many times do I forgive?" and it had a bunch of macaroni glued to it.  So of course I asked him what it meant and how many times we're supposed to forgive.  He answered "490!"  We talked for a minute about how that was a metaphor and how Jesus wants us to always forgive, but then I started to joke with him and said "So how many more times do you have to forgive Ashton?"  "Oh, she probably has about 300 left.  Then I don't have to."  Joey and I died laughing!  I guess you need to be careful with the whole 70x7 thing with kids.  They may actually keep track!
  • Sunday afternoon, while I went grocery shopping, I bribed the kids with $2 each if they would fold the laundry.  They did.  I may do this every week.


3 comments:

Lyryn said...

I've missed you!!! I had a girls night out on Friday too! Glad you got to do that! BTW - you don't have to write if you don't want to write, love. :)

Melissa said...

I would totally pay $2 for someone to fold my laundry!! :)

Glad you had a fun girl's night!

The Shabby Princess said...

I'm guessing that $2 was the best money ever spent. Do they want to come to Dallas to help me out?

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict