Mother's Day 2011

Monday, May 9, 2011

*Disclaimer: I realize this post is heavily slanted towards Taylor, but not for lack of effort on Ashton's part.  She made me some wonderful cards as well, but unfortunately, I ran off and forgot them.  So she will get her own special post tomorrow!

Mother's Day 2011 was a success! It started a bit early this year, with the kids bringing home cards and cakes (yes, 2 cakes!) all throughout the week.

As I read this card, when I got to "I made it with my hand, which is a part of me", I said "awe!" Taylor immediately chimed in "I knew you would say that! I told daddy today that when you read this you would say 'awe'!"  He knows me well.

I love Taylor's artwork. I have a similar drawing of the two of us hugging hanging my office.

Love his spelling and love that he told me "not to look at" his mistake.

These are the cakes that the kids bought and decorated at school. They couldn't wait to give them to me, so we cut into them on Thursday.

On Sunday, I started the day with the kids bringing me cinnamon rolls in bed.  They originally wanted to make french toast and bacon, but since I got a wild hair and made homemade cinnamon rolls Saturday night, that was available and quite tasty, if I do say so myself!

Then I opened presents.  I got the best card EVER!


The kids told me they had no idea what this card meant, but Joey knew I would appreciate it. They all got me some "sleep" aromatherapy items - which I love!  I haven't been sleeping well and Taylor, for one, has been very concerned.  Every night he tells me "I hope you have a good sleep, momma!" and then when he wakes up in the morning, he always asks if I slept well.  Such a sweetie.

After church we headed to Joey's mom's to celebrate with a yummy steak lunch.  I was lucky enough to snag one picture with both kids.  (Ashton is not fond of pictures these days, so this is extremely rare!)

Love my babies!

After lunch, we headed home for a short time, then Joey had to go to work and the kids and I headed to my parents to celebrate with my mom.  My brother and dad made a yummy dinner and we had a great time just hanging out.

Somehow I got away without getting a picture with my momma, but I did manage to get a picture with my one child who will still allow it.


It was a really great day.  The kids were so thoughtful, as was Joey.

Thanks, baby, for getting up early to go to church.  I know you need your sleep, but I truly appreciate the sacrifice.  I love you.  Thanks for making me a momma!


5 comments:

Lyryn said...

You are so PRETTY! OMG! Pretties mommy ever! Love all the hand made things! Makes me melt. :) Happy mothers day to you, friend!

Lauren said...

Sooooo sweet!!! You are one loved Momma and seriously, Taylor has such a sweet and tender heart!!!! :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! I can't wait to get those cute, homemade cards!

Lindsay said...

happy mothers day!! looks like you had a great day...even though your hubs had to go into work!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Your kids are so sweet to you!

Love the card too!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict