I'm an angry crossfitter.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I told Ryan (our crossfit instructor), when I first started crossfit, that I was an angry crossfitter.

Let me explain.  I'm extremely competitive.  I don't like to be last.  Or the weakest.  Or the slowest.  Or basically "not good" at anything.  It makes me feel defeated.

Most of the time when I feel defeated, I quit.  I'd rather not try than try and fail (which is the main reason that I waited so long to try crossfit).

When I first started crossfit, I really had to fight through this.  Crossfit is hard!  But the more I did it, the better I felt about my accomplishments.

Last night was more like a flashback to my early crossfit days.  I won't bore you with the details of the workout, but let's just say I didn't accomplish what I had hoped to.

It started out ok...


That was a clean & jerk at 75 lbs.  We were working to find our max, but as you read earlier, I'm not a fan of failure.  So when I hit my max, I was pretty much pissed.


That is 95 lbs. and I couldn't clean it.  I could lift it, but couldn't complete the clean & jerk.  I must have tried 10 times and never got it.  I was an angry crossfitter.

So for now, my max clean & jerk is 90 lbs.  I'm not happy about it, but I know it won't stay there for long.  I'm too determined.

And just for grins, here's Joey's max (245 lbs.):


Dang that's hot.



9 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

um, you are a HOT crossfitter.

that is all.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

You are a hot crossfitter. You are just hot in general. And so is Joey. Does Joey have a brother? (I know I have asked you this before!) Ha ha!

Melissa said...

You look so cute!! I think 90 lbs is awesome!

Jenster said...

90lbs steph? seriously? that's freakin good!!!! i, personally, think this should be your plateau. you are looking extra fantastic. as for the joe man.... he looks good too. :)

Sunshinemeg said...

Good work girlfriend! Keep your head up and keep on getting (cross)fit!

Aimee said...

i think i pulled a muscle in my back just looking at those pictures!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

get it girl!!! that looks tough! Im too scared to try it!

Joey said...

i love your passion babe! there's a difference between just trying to get through a workout and wanting to kick the workouts ass! you're doing great, just keep up the hard work... its already showing ;) love you!

Megan said...

Ahhhh... look at you!! You look great! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict