Hasta la vista Jeepie!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thursday was bittersweet for me.

At the end of 2008, Joey bought me a Jeep Commander. I named her Jeepie and I loved her with all me heart.

You see, back in 2008, gas was $1.97 a gallon.  In more recent days, gas here has been about $3.85. *pause for vomit*  My love for Jeepie was strong though, so I put off trading her in for as long as I could.

Last Thursday was "as long as I could".

When we made the decision, she was so upset with me, she couldn't even look me in the eyes.


I'm hopeful that Jeepie will soon find a new owner who is wealthy enough to look past her drinking problem.  In the mean time, my bank account will thank me for trading her for a hybrid.




5 comments:

Brandy said...

That is sad. :-(

P.S. Might want to blur out your license plate number for safety reasons!!

Karm said...

Awe... I feel bad for you, but gas prices are horrible these days ):

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

bye bye Jeepie. But that is a cute new car! hope hybrid is gives you everything you need! :) (and yes, gas prices, insane!)

Melissa said...

My Explorer has a drinking problem too so thank God she only has to drive 10 miles to work. Congrats on the new car. It sure is good looking!

Joey said...

thank you Brandy! you'd think a cop's wife would know better than to post that on the world wide web! fix this Steph and let me know when you do. - Officer Gorena

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict