Sick.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yesterday I got the dreaded call from the school nurse.  Taylor was sick and I needed to go get him.

Let me just say, I'm a very lucky momma.  My children are never sick.  Taylor, especially.  He had strep a few months back, but other than that, I can't remember the last time he was sick.

Anyway, I picked him up and he told me all about his upset stomach, so we went straight home and got him snuggled in bed.  It wasn't long before he was asking for lunch, so I made him the standard home-from-school-sick lunch - chicken noodle soup.

In case you're wondering, it's not nearly as appetizing when it's coming back up.

After a while, we tried some toast.


That didn't work well either.  He didn't lose it, but he only ate about 2 bites.  I felt so bad for him because he was starving, but just couldn't eat anything.

Next we tried some pasta and that seemed to do the trick.  He gobbled it up and seemed to feel better.

Then again, maybe not.

Needless to say, I spent my afternoon, evening, and night tending to a poor, sick, vomiting little boy.

There's nothing worse that a sick child.  Well, maybe a sick husband.


5 comments:

Becca said...

Aw poor baby! I hope he feels better soon.

Sweet Simplicity said...

Poor boy! I hope today is better.

Mighty M said...

Ugh - no fun! Feel better soon Taylor!!

Lyryn said...

I hate it when my babies are sick! I hope this goes away soon!

Trina said...

Aww poor lil guy! I think a sick husband is def worse! LOL

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict