A birthday with no photographic evidence.

Monday, April 11, 2011

(This has nothing to do with this post, other than it's a picture of my husband.  And I like it.)

My mom has a magnet on her fridge that says "if it's not in the scrapbook, it didn't happen."

Well, that may apply to Joey's birthday. We celebrated for nearly 2 weeks, and somehow I don't have one picture to show for it.

We started about 2 weeks ago when Joey and I went on a dinner date. It wasn't intended to be a birthday celebration, but we ended up doing a little shopping after dinner and I bought him his birthday present - a new watch for work.

Then later that weekend, we went out with some friends to celebrate. We had a great dinner at Maggiano's and a fabulous time with friends that we hadn't seen in too long.

Then, last Tuesday, my family came over to the house to celebrate. We had pizza and just hung out for a bit. I made chocolate chip pumpkin bread (in cupcake form) at Joey's request, instead of cake.

On Thursday, we met Joey's dad for dinner and celebrated some more.

The final celebration (I think!) was yesterday - on his actual birthday - when we met his mom and grandparents for lunch.

Now according to my mom's magnet, none of this actually happened because I don't have the pictures to prove it. But I promise we celebrated. And we had fun!

Happy birthday baby. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I hope you enjoyed your two weeks of birthday festivities.

I love you more than life.


5 comments:

Cara S. said...

Happy Birthday Joey! Sounds like a nice 2 week celebration (pictures or not). btw, Love Maggiano's. Mmmm so good.

The LaJeunesse Family said...

matt literally has about 6 or 7 watches, but ONLY wears his work one...which is the least nicest! he's so attached to it!! cops and their watches :)

Lyryn said...

Great picture of Joey. Glad you had a good time despite the picture. I think his mom and my mom would get along great... same way had to document EVERYTHING growing up. LOL, oh well... its the memories that count. :)

Melissa said...

It still sounds like he had an excellent birthday with all heh celebrating y'all did!

Annie said...

sounds like the last 2 weeks have been fun for you guys!! i'm sure your hubby had a wonderful bday! :) we'll all just believe you on the celebrating even though there is no photographic evidence! ;)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict