The best day ever.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Yesterday was the best day ever.

There was nothing spectacular about it really, but I must have muttered "this is the best day ever" at least 5 times.

What made it so great, you ask?  Well, the main thing was having Joey home. I knew I was excited for Joey to have the weekend off, but I guess I underestimated just how wonderful it would be.

On Saturday evening we went to dinner with some friends to celebrate Joey's birthday.  The kids spent the night with Joey's mom, so Joey and I slept until 11:30 on Sunday morning.  It was glorious!

We ended up skipping church (shhhh!) so I could hit the grocery store and Joey could get a haircut.  Once we all got home, it was just a normal day, but I loved every second of it.

Ashton and I made cupcakes for some new neighbors while Joey cut the grass.  Later that afternoon, Joey grilled hamburgers. While they were cooking, Joey and I sat on the back porch (one our most favorite things to do) and watched our new sprinkler system.

Ha ha.  I know.  It's like we aged 40 years - rocking on the back porch, watching the sprinkler system.

After our yummy dinner of Joey's fabulous hamburgers and fresh watermelon, Joey and I laid on the couch and caught up on some DVR'd shows.  Well, I caught up.  Joey breathed rather loudly, which is a sure sign that he's asleep.  But I loved it.

Once Joey woke from his nap, we all went on a little walk to deliver cupcakes and meet the new neighbors.  It was such a nice night.  It had been pretty hot in the afternoon, but once the sun began to set, the wind picked up and it was so nice!

Then Joey and I went for a run and called it a day.

Nothing spectacular, like I said, but I loved every second of it.  I guess I had forgotten how great it is to have Joey around for an entire day!


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me. And my husband always falls asleep when we are supposed to be watching tv together but I feel so content just knowing he is there :)

Jenster said...

so wonderful to feel the love ya'll have.

Lauren said...

I just love this! Truly is about the little things!!!! :) Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

The LaJeunesse Family said...

ahhh.....the joys of being a cop's wife. on these days i literally almost burst with excitement! and we normally are just running to lowes and hanging out in the yard. those are the most precious times!!!

Drew's Mom said...

I loves days like these!! It truly is the little things in life that make a day so perfect. Just wish they weren't so few and far between.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww, that sounds wonderful! so glad y'all had such a fabulous day! and so sweet of yout to make cupcakes for your new neighbors, I bet they loved and appreciated that!

Mrs. Bear said...

Aw what a wonderful day you'll never forget!

Laura said...

I love having Josh home on a weekend to do the normal things that everyone else takes for granted. So glad you got to enjoy a weekend with your hubby too!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you got to have a fun family weekend!! And, I wish I was your neighbor getting cupcakes delivered!

Cara S. said...

I love those simple, yet perfect days! It makes you grateful for all those little things in life that mean SO much!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict