A whole lotta nothing.

Monday, March 28, 2011

  1. I started the c25k running plan last week.  My dad and I decided it would be cool to run a 5k, so I thought I ought to actually log some miles before then. So far so good!
  2. For some reason I've gotten into the habit of baking on Friday nights.  A couple weeks ago it was oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  Last Friday it was cupcakes for neighbors.  Score 1 for me!
  3. Saturday Taylor had a couple friends over from our old neighborhood.  I had made the arrangements for their dad to drop them off at 2 and pick them up at 7.  What time do you think he got to my house?  8:30.  Not cool, buddy.  Not cool.
  4. I went to my second official Crossfit workout this morning.  I might be in the beginning stages of addiction.
  5. Do you want to know the worst feeling in the world?  Being awake when your alarm goes off.  I actually feel great at the moment (for being up since 3:30), but I'm sure it will hit me around dinner time.
  6. I have actually done some form of exercise (running, gym, or crossfit) for the last 6 days straight.  This is a major accomplishment people!  (I'm actually logging it all here, for anyone who may care.)
  7. Ever since I upped my workouts, I'm starving all.the.time.  I know this is normal, but I don't need it.  Trust me.
  8. Being a parent is hard.  (I'm just tossin' this out there for anyone who might want to know.)
  9. Dad and I are still working on the media cabinet.  It will not beat me!!
  10. Did I mention I'm starving?  Because I am.


9 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

ive been baking a lot lately too. last night i made strawberry rice krispie treats! dangerous!!

Lauren said...

I’m so excited you are doing the c25k too!!!! It’s been so great with the whole group of us on Twitter doing it. We have an email chain going, keeping up with each other’s progress and encouraging each other. It’s been so great for accountability and nice to know we’re not doing it alone!! And in between I’ve been doing the shred. You might have already read this on my blog, so sorry if I’m repeating myself, haha!!

Virginia Belle said...

That's such a great idea to keep track of your workouts! I definitely need accountability like that. Have a great week!

Jenster said...

so proud of you!!!! be cautious in choosing that 5k. since they are shorter races, sometimes they are the toughest because they need to be somewhat challenging. ( or maybe that's just me thinking i have to sprint every race :)
keep up the great work and keep posting about it too!!! encouragement is everything.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, congrats on the c25k and all the workouts! I need to join you! and i love that you've been baking on Fri nights, that is so much fun, and I'm sure your neighbors love it too! ;)

Melissa said...

Good for you on all that working out! Maybe you can motivate me. I've been slacking on my running lately with all these allergies.

the queen said...

yay for exercise! i have a friend who is doing the c25k too!

Tracey said...

I have to comment on the dad picking up his kids late.
It has always been a pet peeve of mine, well since I have been a parent anyway, of parents who drop their kid off for a birthday party, play date, whatever, and then pick-up late. Ugh, makes me so mad. What is worse is when they drop their kid off early, and then pick-up late.
I hope the guy at least apologized to you...
Sorry for my rant...I feel better now. :)
Keep up the exercising thing! I am inspired.

Annie said...

nice job on the workouts!! i'm kinda jealous...i miss running and actually being fit. not getting winded from walking upstairs.
if i was to take up baking it would be very bad....i'm the only one in my household who eats the baked goods. i ate an entire pan of brownies the other week. not good!! ;)
keep up the workouts and running hun!!
and don't let that media cabinet get the best of you ;)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict