Spring Break fun.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Tuesday I took the day off work so we could have a family fun day. We had decided to take the kids to Sea World and it was shaping up to be a beautiful day!

One of the kids favorite things to ride is Journey to Atlantis.  It's kind of like a log ride on steroids.  Joey and I weren't really interested in getting soaked, so the kids enjoyed this one sans parents.

As you can tell, they were super excited *sarcasm* about pausing for a picture before the ride.


I had high hopes that this would be the trip in which Taylor would ride an actual roller coaster.  He did not have those same hopes.

Next stop was The Great White.  Since Taylor wasn't tall enough to ride - and even if he was, he would have rather spent the rest of his life with no wrestling than ride that roller coaster - he and I played a little air hockey while Joey rode with Ashton.

She's fearless.

However, she wasn't all too happy when Taylor beat her in their own game of air hockey when she got off the ride.


Next up was the Texas Splashdown, which is just a log ride - no steroids.  Taylor loves to ride any water rides, so this was one of his favorites.


Next in line was the Steel Eel.  This is the only actual roller coaster that Taylor was tall enough to ride.  We begged, pleaded, and bribed him to ride, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it.  Of course Ashton wanted to ride, so she and Joey rode together while I moped along with Taylor headed towards the kiddie area.

I thought we were done with the kiddie area last year, but instead we made our way to a very mild, very safe, completely non-threatening baby ride.  While we were in line, Taylor's wheels started turning.

Mom, if I ride the Steel Eel, you can't be mad at me if I really like it and want to ride it again. Taylor, why would I get made at you?  I know you're going to love it if you just give it a chance.  Well, you just have to promise not to get mad if I like it, ok?  And I want to ride with Daddy!

I texted Joey and told him we had a very small window of opportunity and to meet me at the ride.  Taylor had decided to go for it!

We met at the ride and got in line.  This is when things started to go downhill.  Fast.  Taylor's eyes began to well up with tears and he was bouncing around nervously.  So what did I do?  I talked to him about wrestling for our entire time in line.  It kept his mind off of his fear... until he actually got in his seat and the bar came down on his lap.

Then he panicked.  I wanna get off, Daddy!  I wanna get off!!  Joey was so good and held on to him, telling him he couldn't get off and he was going to love it.  Just then the coaster began to move, so I knew there was no turning back.  Ashton and I were behind them trying to calm Taylor, but he was FREAKING OUT!  We made the long ride up the first hill... then down... and that's when he decided he LOVED IT!!



Yep.  He loved it so much that all he wanted to do the rest of the evening was ride the Steel Eel.

Told ya so!


7 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

good grief taylor looks just like you! :)

Lauren said...

How fun!!!! I heart Sea World with a passion. Once of my favorite places. Taylor is so precious!!!!

Mighty M said...

What a fun day - it's amazing once kids can get over that initial fear and let go - how much fun they can have! I remember my step-daughter doing the same thing when we were at Disneyland!!

blessedmomto8 said...

You are SO BLESSED to live close to stuff to do! You are a great mom, great family!HOW FUN!! Maybe our RV will one day make it to TX and we will have to meet up :)

Melissa said...

Oh how fun! And, you look so cute. Love the sunglasses!

Kelly said...

FUN! super jealous! I love roller coasters!
Glad y'all had a fun day!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I just found your blog and became a follower! :) Love your blog! Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict