Work bench.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

(Sorry for the lame title, but I'm a little off my game.)

By now, you're all probably aware of my new found love for DIY, home improvements, and wood-working.  I haven't had a ton of time for any of this since we moved, but my next big project is looming... since our living room is in desperate need of a media console.

But before I can build this:


... I needed a place to work.  So dad came over on Sunday and we built a workbench.  He had already built one in his own garage, so we figured it would be pretty easy.

Let me state now, in case you're wondering - Nothing is ever easy.  But we got it done, so let me walk you though it.

Step 1: Drag your husband to 2 different stores to get all the supplies.  Take a picture of how cute he is pushing that cart.


Step 2: Put on your safety glasses.  Safety first, people!


Step 3: Put your power tools to work.


Step 4: Make sure it's level... and hope it doesn't fall on your head in the process.


Step 5: When it's all complete, take a hideous picture in front of the finished product.


Thanks, Dad, for helping me get this done.  I'm super excited to start on my media console!




12 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

you look hot using power tools!!! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

It is so neat that you and your dad get to do this together. Great father/daughter time!

Mighty M said...

Right on! Love the picture of your inspiration - it's going to look great!

Drew's Mom said...

You guys rock! I just think about the projects I'd love to do, but you actually get to work and make it happen. Great job on the bench.

Amber Risher said...

You and your dad look so much alike! Can't wait to see your finished product!

Grand Pooba said...

Holy crap you are always doing projects!

good job!

Debi said...

I would love to be your Sister! Your Dad rocks! Pretty cute Hubby tooo ;)
I cant wait to see the console!

Trina said...

I saw that on Ana's site and about died. LOVE IT. And the color is fantastic. What color will you go with?

Also, I am super impressed with your wood working skillz sista!

{K} said...

Nice work bench and that media console is awesome!!

ty said...

yaaayy crafty girl!

Tracey said...

I love your DIY projects! The under cabinet lighting was a great one. Great work! Keep it up!
I'll check back in to see that media console. :)
Maybe your DIY will inspire me to do some of my own.

The Shabby Princess said...

First of all, I think it's precious that you, your dad and Taylor have the same smile. Too cute!

Second, come up to Dallas, teach me how to build stuff.

The end.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict