What you need:
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large extra ripe banana
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
How you make it:
- Heat the oven at 350 °F.
- Mix together the yogurt and baking soda and let sit for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl (or stand mixer), mix together butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and bananas until smooth. (It's ok if you still have banana chunks.)
- Add the yogurt/baking soda and keep mixing.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Add to the banana and yogurt mixture. (Don't add it all at once, pour in about 1/4 of the flour, let it blend in, and then pour some more.)
- Pour into a greased muffin pan.
- Cook for about 20-25 min. (For a loaf pan, it's 45-55 min.)