Let's rodeo, y'all!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This past weekend, we took the kids to the rodeo. They've been looking forward to it for quite a while, so when they had finally worn us out with all the "is it time yet?" questions, we headed out.

First, we hit up the carnival.

Ashton chose the first ride (the giant swings), but Taylor wasn't too sure about that, so he waited with us while Ashton rode.


Then Joey and Taylor headed to one of Taylor's favorite rides, which he remembered from 2 years back, The Himalayan.


Ashton and I used the wait time for a photo op.


Then, of course, I had to make the kids pose for me. It's just classic carnival, right?!?


Next, we had a much needed break with the most important part of any carnival experience: Funnel cake!


Once we refueled with some good 'ole carnival food, Taylor found the bumper cars.


Ashton was pretty brave and rode quite a few of the classic carnival rides.  You know, the ones that as adults, you're certain will not make it through a complete ride without falling to pieces.  However, I put my fear aside and let Ashton ride, and no children were harmed in this carnival adventure.

Funny though... I think the kids' favorite part of the carnival were the Fun Houses.  They went in every one, multiple times.


When we could no longer feel our fingers or toes (because it was FREEZING!) we headed in to see the actual rodeo.  The kids had a blast and Taylor loved the bull riding.

Lady Antebellum was the feature concert and they were good, but I just don't think the venue is very good for concerts.  At least not when you're sitting up near the ceiling.  And since they didn't go on until almost 11, I knew we wouldn't make it through much.  Taylor was fading fast, so we headed out after about 5 songs.

And Taylor declared it the "best day of his life!"  (Ashton enjoyed it too - a lot - but she's too cool to make such a public declaration.)


6 comments:

The LaJeunesse Family said...

so much fun!!! and my favorite part would have been the funnel cake. just sayin!

The Shabby Princess said...

You know I love the rodeo! So jealous!

Sigh, I love good ol' carnival food!

Melissa said...

I agree, the best part of any carnival is definitely the funnel cakes!

Lauren said...

Oh my word, funnel cakes are like a slice of heaven!! Amazing! So fun!!! I’ve always wanted to go to a true Texas rodeo!!! :)

Trina said...

How fun! I remember the Fun Houses from the last time I went to a carnival about 10 years ago. That was my fav part too!

I love the last part about Ashton enjoyed herself but wouldn't dare make such a public declaration. lol I often wonder what Rayna will be like around that age.

Jeni said...

love love love!!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict