It's not Snowmageddon, but it's still snow.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Yes, you read that right. We had actual snow fall from the sky last night.

Wanna see?? (Now, I know this is nothing compared to what the rest of the country is experiencing, but humor me. I'm in San Antonio and the last time we had snow was 1985. No joke.)

Side note:  Joey was working last night in these horrible blizzard conditions *sarcasm*, but when he got home in the wee hours of the morning, he piled up this snow for the kids.

The kids were so excited to have a snow day that they were bundled up before 8am and ready to go outside.  This is the most snow either of my children have ever seen.  It's rather sad.


Taylor was trying so hard to make a snowball that he could throw, but the snow was so dry.  It was more like a powder ball.  They both loved seeing the snow and had a great time; however, I think we all agreed that we are not made for this weather.  19 degrees is just too cold for these Texans!



10 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

We had snow too! I can not believe Texas is getting this weather! Love it!

Lauren said...

YAY for snow!!!!! So thrilled for your kids!! :)

Smile Steady said...

Hey- snow is snow. That totally counts! Glad you guys had a good (cold) time!

Rebecca Watson said...

we definately had a snowmaggedon where I live in Michigan! It was crazy!!!

www.justcherishtoday.com

skaptain said...

Did you say snow day? Hahaha!! Trying having 8 snow days in one month -- not so much fun anymore when they start having online classes ; )

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Youre SO lucky!!! Im in Houston and we were so patiently waiting for snow and have still yet to have one measly flake!

Enjoy it and stay warm!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Youre SO lucky!!! Im in Houston and we were so patiently waiting for snow and have still yet to have one measly flake!

Enjoy it and stay warm!

Trina said...

Wow 1985?! That is a lot of snow for where you are. When we get snow here it is NEVER powdery. Always always a wet snow. Never knew there was a difference until I went skiing. lol

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha, that made me laugh that Joey piled it all up :) my family in AZ never visit (literally, we were lucky they came out for our wedding in June almost 8 yrs ago ;-)) us because the weather is too cold! :)

Mighty M said...

Can't believe all the snow that is in Texas - I thought NO ONE was supposed to mess with Texas - not even the weather! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict