Inside.

Monday, February 7, 2011

So, last week I teased you all with some pics of us moving into the house. I wasn't intending to tease, I just didn't want the post to go on forever, so I stopped before adding any of the inside pics with furniture.

We've been in the house for just over a week. We have nothing on the walls and still lack some significant pieces, such as a coffee table and end tables. However, if I wait until we have everything done, there may never be pictures posted.

So, without further adieu...

Living room - looking from kitchen.  The breakfast room is to the left. (I have grand plans to make this for under the TV.  It won't be turquoise, of course, although I do love it.  I'd also love to hang some really tall curtains on the outside of the windows, but you know, they're expensive.  So they must wait.)

Living room - looking from master entryway.  (We still need to get a coffee table and end tables, but haven't really found anything that we love.)

Kitchen - looking from living room.  Breakfast room is on the right. (Those bar stools have since been replaces with shorter black stools.)

Breakfast room - looking from kitchen. Living room is to the right. (Sorry it's so dark.  This area rug will be under the table as soon as it comes in.  Although it makes for some dark pictures, one of the things I love most about this house is all the windows.)

Master bedroom - looking from the entry.  Bay window to the left, master bath to the right.

Master bedroom - looking from master bath.  (My jewelry armoire has since found a new home in the closet.)

Dining room - looking from foyer (that's sound so formal, which it's not, but I don't know what else to call it). (Again, sorry it's so dark.  This area rug will soon be under the table.  Also, the light fixture will be moved and centered over the table.  I'll never understand why the builder chose that location to hang the light.)

These are all the pics that I've taken so far.  I didn't take any pics of the kids room or kids retreat, or the study.  So I guess I need to do that!

And feel free to toss out any decorating ideas.  I'm all ears!


9 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

Everything looks so good! I love the wood floors, and the curve of your island. I can't wait to see more once you start filling the place up.
Slowly, but surely. Right?

Mighty M said...

You are off to a lovely start. Take your time figuring out decorating pieces, all of a sudden you will just KNOW what you need. ;)

Trina said...

I'm loving it! And girl you don't need expensive curtains, you just have to be on the lookout for things you can use. Think outside the box. I've used sheets before {nice ones of course lol}! And the ones I have hanging in my dining room now are tablecloths. I have a rod with curtain clips and I just folded over the top to make them the right length and clipped them up! Best part? I got the tablecloths on clearance at Walmart for $3 each.

If you can't find tablecloths, all you really need is some fabric yardage. No sewing machine/skills? Use iron on hem tape to finish the edges. Curtain clips are the best things to use for things like that too.

Virginia Belle said...

Your home looks fantastic! I love all of the windows in the breakfast room and dinning room and the hardwood floors are gorgeous!

The Shabby Princess said...

Ahh! Love, love, love! Congrats on getting all moved in. So exciting!

Staci said...

I'm w Trina they have this stuff called stichwhichery at hobby lobby that u can hen w an iron and u can make ur wall art didn't u do that once or was it just me?

I think u should paint an accent color behind ur head board in ur bed room! If u need help building making or painting anything I got nothin but time till April and would love something creative to do! Love u!

Melissa said...

I love what I've seen so far! Your kitchen is absolutely amazing!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

yay, it all looks great so far! congratulations again! can't wait to see the rest of the fun touches and decorations you put up! it takes some time doesn't it?? :)

Isabelle said...

It looks amazing! Wow great job on the new furniture! I can't wait to go back. Just have a feeling it won't be this may :(

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict